Who doesn’t wish there was more time in the day to accomplish more of what we need to get done? A lot of times we run off of coffee or energy drinks with the thinking that if we just had more energy, we could get more done. It’s simply not true. We enjoy the pick-me-up that caffeine gives but it doesn’t mean that our productivity has increased. We tend to go about it all wrong and end up potentially a little unorganized. Work Smarter, Not Harder right?! When you’re juggling 10 things at one time, it might become a little stressful so it’s best to prioritize, make a list, make sure you finish what you start and follow through. Sometimes easier said than done so that’s why there are these helpful tips and hints to help you work to your full potential.
- Puppies- Yes, really! A team of Japanese scientists has proven that looking at cute baby animals improves our dexterity and focus when performing tasks.
- Plants- Studies show that offices with greenery have more productive employees.
- The color Blue- Blue stimulates the brain, aiding concentration and clearing our minds or distracting thoughts. It even decreases your appetite.
- Happiness- Smile! Science shows that positive employees are 12%more productive than their unhappier counterparts.
- Music- Da-Dahhhh! Scientists have proved that music makes repetitive tasks less boring and also helps you focus.
- Dancing- Dancing pumps blood into the brain, improving your cognitive skills.
- Napping- Research shows that napping makes you a more productive worker by “resetting” your brain. Zzzzzzzz….
- Breaks- Employees who take regular breaks achieve more than their working-through-lunch peers. Time for that coffee!
- Chatting- Having a random conversation from time to time actually makes you a better worker. You don’t even have to discuss work matters.
- Shorter Work Hours- It might sound counter-intuitive, but the fewer hours you work, the more you get done. Hello six-hour day!
Interesting isn’t it? There’s a few things on this list I’m willing to try. Obviously not all of us sit at a desk to be able to at baby animals all day but naps are always doable! And what about incorporating the color blue into your work area and maybe some plants? Some of these just might work! Anyway, whatever helps get the job done right? I’m sure for most of us caffeine is somewhere in this equation. So have a conversation with a co-worker or customer or if you’re home, with the dog, take a quick nap or a quick break to dance and get your blood pumping! See what you can do to increase your productivity and have a successful day!
Easy Related Posts
3rd Annual Trunk-Or-Treat Recap
Steve Hahn's 3rd annual Trunk or Treat had a better turn out then we could ...read more
Steve Hahn’s Third Annual Trunk or Treat 2018!
Whether you have no kids in your community or all kids, come down to Steve ...read more
Car Camping Tips for the Northwest and Beyond
Skip Memorial Day! Let's clarify: Celebrate Memorial Day, but DON'T be one of the millions of ...read more
Five Ways to Keep Your Car on the Road
Summer is approaching, and most Americans will be hitting the road on a trip at ...read more